Your Ad Here

Monday, December 3, 2007

Adsense V/S Adbrite

Okay, some of us are probably making good money from the ads on our blogs. The rest of us, not so much. Of course, we're not doing this for the money, right? I certainly hope not, because for most of us, the money sucks.
Still, we're PF geeks, and it would be nice to have a few pennies to rub together after months of diligent blogging. So many of us sell real estate on our sites in various ways.I've used different methods to sell the space on my site.

1. Google Adsense
2. Adbrite



Adsense


I signed up for Adsense the same day I created my blog. Most of the time, I'm fairly happy with the way the ads match the content of my site. And the reporting fuction is clear and easy to use, even if the pricing structure is somewhat arcane. The problem? You have to generate $100 worth of revenue before you can cash out. Unless you're Dooce or somebody like that (do you know she supports a family of three by blogging?!), it's not so easy to break through that glass ceiling. Still Adsense is what it is, and for many of us it's the best choice.

Adbrite


Most of us are trying to Earn with Google Adsense but are frustrated with this Program... and want to have some other source just like this program...

According to me Experimentation is the Best way to gain something...

I have found this as alternative for Google adsense.This is my new toy. While it's not as easy to customize the shape of the ads as it is with Adsense, you can cash out after you earn only five bucks. The difference seems pretty great to me. While Google is earning interest on the money earned from my ads, I'll be cashing ten dollar checks regularly from Adbrite. Adbrite places pay-per-click ads on your site like Google (not so content specific, unfortunately) until a paid advertiser chooses your site from Adbrite's catalog. Then you get a chance to approve the ads, and up they go. I joined a few weeks ago, and I now have both slots (I started with just two) filled by paid advertisers. One bought a text link for a month. The other bought a text link for only a week.So there you have it.

Anybody have experience with other ad brokers? Blogads? Linkworth? Others? Anybody want to rail against all advertising on blogs? Leave a comment below.Edit: For those of you who are wondering, Adbrite does have a referral program.







So if you decide to join up because of this post, click over from the button above and the referral gods will smile upon you.

No comments: